Wrapped in the warmth of a wonderfully soft, fleece blanket, steaming mug of green tea in hand, I settled on the deck and watched. Watched Chickadees, Titmice, and Nuthatches at the feeder just feet from me. Watched two loons swimming a ways across the lake. Watched the morning light transform the distant mountains from misty outlines to purple splendor to the full glory of fall colors.
- What are you thinking in your heart? (a clearing of the mind exercise)
- What are you looking for? (passions? desires?)
- What do you want me (Jesus) to do for you?
- Did not the maker of the outside also make the inside? (dealing with integrity)
- Will you lay down your life for me (Jesus)? (what does that mean, etc?)
- What is your name? (playing with God’s proclivity to rename and Jesus’ to nickname)
|Lake Wilson Sunset (plein air watercolor)|